Joy has travelled and worked extensively in various countries including Peru, Malawi, India Thailand, South Africa, USA, Chile, New Zealand Australia, both back packing, cycle touring and as a volunteer in a children’s home and therefore teaches from experience.
Basic First Aid
- What to take away in your First Aid kit
- How to manage an accident to yourself or others
- How to assess a casualty
- How to deal with an unconscious casualty
- How and when to use the recovery position
- How to give CPR
- How to deal with choking, bleeding and head injuries
Travel Specific First Aid
- Medication you may like to take with you
- Dealing with snake bites and insect bites
- Avoiding malaria and other infectious diseases abroad
- Dealing with wounds from trekking, coral or fungal infections
- Optional: Paediatric module for those working with children under 8
All candidates will be able to practise their skills on resuscitation mannequins, apply bandages to each other and perfect the recovery position in different settings.
The course leads to a 3 year qualification as a first aider, if you do not want this, but an attendance only certificate the course costs less.
One day £75 ( or £55 without qualification)
Two day £130 ( £100 without qualification)