The certificate entitles the candidate to be a First Aider for 3 years from date of issue as it includes the HSE Emergency First Aid at Work certificate. No previous first aid experience is required to attend this course.
This course is accredited by ITC.
What to do in case of an incident and assessing and/or managing casualties for the following First Aid areas:
- Vital signs – breathing, level of consciousness, temperature, colour
- First Aid incidents – ABCDE
- Unconscious casualties – Safe Airway Positions
- Casualties who have collapsed
- Breathing problems – choking
- Circulation problems – internal bleeding, external bleeding and treatment for shock
- Casualties who are not breathing – cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Casualties with environmental issues – hypothermia, hyperthermia
- Information about current regulations
- Advice on safe best practice
For details of forthcoming courses, please email email@example.com
Course Dates – see panel over to the right.
As well as our own courses, we can also come to you! We offer courses for groups, so do get in contact if you want to run a course just for your group.
The instructions were explained well and backup with reasons which made you feel informed and well prepared. You were able to ask all the questions no matter how minor or ‘silly’.