Our Awarding Organisation ‘ITC First’ has a well established relationship with Andy Forsyth and ‘Archimedes Training’ who have designed and developed this Forest Schools First Aid course. The course content and context is totally integrated with the Forest School ethos and rationale.
This qualification is a must for all Level 3 Practitioners and those supporting Level 3 Practitioners.
Assessment is continuous and certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment, there is no final examination. Those who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are awarded a certificate that is valid for three years. The certificate entitles the candidate to be a First Aider for 3 years from date of issue.
No previous first aid experience is required to attend this course.
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Child & Adult Resuscitation procedures
- Choking – Child and Adult
- Bleeding – internal/external, major/minor
- Shock – hypovolemic and anaphylactic
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Febrile convulsions
- Treating Damage – suspected fractures, head, neck and back injuries
- Eye injuries and foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Bites and stings
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- Common illness – epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia, diabetes
Course Dates – see right hand panel
Location; Faculty of Education Hills Road Cambridge
Well delivered and enjoyable. I would like to see this compulsory for all secondary school pupils.