The course will be applied to First Aid incidents that are likely to be encountered in school. If you just intend to work with those who have not yet reached puberty then this course is ideal for you.
Therefore this course is ideal for any one who is undertaking the Early Years or Primary PGCE. It is a highly practical and fun course. All attendees will leave with both a full set of paediatric first aid skills and the confidence to put them into practise should the need ever arise.
Certificates are valid for 3 years. There are no pre-requisites to attend this course.
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Infant, Child and Adult Resuscitation procedures
- Bleeding – internal/external, major/minor
- Shock – hypovolemic and anaphylactic
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Febrile convulsions
- Treating Damage – suspected fractures, head, neck and back injuries
- Eye injuries and foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Bites and stings
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- Common illness – epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia, diabetes
For more information and booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday and Sunday
22nd and 23rd October
The instructions were explained well and backup with reasons which made you feel informed and well prepared. You were able to ask all the questions no matter how minor or ‘silly’.