This course covers all the essential life-saving First Aid techniques for treatment of those from birth to puberty and is therefore a useful qualification for all those aiming to work in early years or primary schools. All nursery and primary schools need to meet the statutory requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage, there must always be staff on the premises or on visits who hold an up-to-date Paediatric First Aid certificate. There must be sufficient staff with the Paediatric First Aid certificate to cover for staff absences such as holidays, training, sickness and working patterns
The course will be applied to First Aid incidents that are likely to be encountered in school. If you just intend to work with those who have not yet reached puberty then this course is ideal for you.
Therefore this course is ideal for any one who is undertaking the Early Years or Primary PGCE. It is a highly practical and fun course. All attendees will leave with both a full set of paediatric first aid skills and the confidence to put them into practise should the need ever arise.
Certificates are valid for 3 years. There are no pre-requisites to attend this course.
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Infant, Child and Adult Resuscitation procedures
- Bleeding – internal/external, major/minor
- Shock – hypovolemic and anaphylactic
- Hypothermia and hyperthermia
- Febrile convulsions
- Treating Damage – suspected fractures, head, neck and back injuries
- Eye injuries and foreign bodies in eyes, ears and noses
- Bites and stings
- Burns and scalds
- Electric shock
- Common illness – epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell anaemia, diabetes
For more information and booking please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday and Sunday
22nd and 23rd October